Saturday, June 25, 2016

I'm Getting Married!

A lot has happened since my last post.  On February 13th of 2015 I met my soulmate (definitely didn't know  it at the time).  I dated him for 3 months before deciding he wasn't the "one" for me, dated others for three months, then came to my senses and found out he became "the one."  No idea how it happened, but we started back dating in November and he proposed April 2nd (of course I accepted), now we're getting married November 26th.  I can't wait!

We chose a theme of Lord of The Rings, and colors of blue and white.  Since I have never looked good in white, I am wearing a blue dress, and J gets to dress up like Aragorn.  My father walks me down the aisle as Gandalf the White, and the groomsmen are all the fellowship, while my matron of honor and bridesmaid are dressing up as women from Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit.

I got incredibly luck to have such an awesome family, as my matron of honor is also making the wedding cupcakes (instead of a cake I'm having tiers of cupcakes with the tree of Gondor on the chocolate ones and the apple pie flavored ones have the crest from the hobbit cloaks).  My Mother is helping me increasingly, my brother is dressing up as Legolas, and my sister is my matron of honor.  My dad built the arbor we're getting married under, and everyone has been amazing.  My aunt is directing our wedding, and I have not figured out the officiant yet, but one of my mother's friends will play the flute as we go down the aisle.

I'm so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment